Permits & Policies


Building Permits

Dallas Plantation is governed by the State of Maine Land Use Planning Commission (LUPC).  Building permits are processed by LUPC.  Applications are available online or at the Plantation office.  Further information and applications are available at:

Plumbing/Septic Permits

Plumbing Permit applications are available at the Plantation office, or online:

Septic Permits require a completed HHE-200 design form, completed by a Maine Certified Site Evaluator.

If you have any questions regarding your plumbing permit please contact Paul Ferguson-Packard at 207-670-5093 or email

Entrance/Driveway Permit

New driveways onto a public road require a permit.  Application for Entrance.

Dallas Hill Road up to the Saddleback Mountain Rd. intersection is a State Aid Road, an entrance permit application can be found here:  Driveway- Reg 3revised.doc.pdf (

Burn Permits

Please bear in mind conditions are very changeable in our area and the fire warden will make the best possible decision in determining the feasibility of a permit.

Burn permits are available at the Plantation office, through the Rangeley Fire Department when the office is closed or online (for a fee):  Maine Open Burn Permit (

Ordinances – Fireworks

Local Ordinance:  Within the Loon Lake York Wildlife Sanctuary consumer fireworks are not permitted. See specific ordinance:

State of Maine Fireworks Ordinance:  Please refer to the state guidelines as the Guide for Consumer Fireworks: